How to prepare the SAVF
Sending your system: Once ready, the SAVF containing the system to be analyzed and/or converted (Reference System), can be sent to BASE100 in different ways:
- E-mail it to BASE100 as attached file.
- Ask for an SFTP account and send the SAVF data using it.
- Mail the tape containing the SAVF data.
- Record a DVD/CD-ROM with the SAVF data and mail it.
Content of SAVF
Please consider that a Proof of Concept (POC) is 100% similar to an ordinary analysis or conversion project. Therefore, it is necessary to provide BASE100 with the same elements that for any regular analysis and/or conversion. The system to be converted (Reference System) must be stored in a SAVF and sent to BASE100 laboratory. The Reference System will be deployed on a BASE100 (AS/400) platform and tested in it.
- The SAVF must contain all the sources and all the objects that constitute the Reference System.
- It is necessary to include a mechanism to establish the correspondences between sources and the subsequent objects. In AS/400 systems important information is included in the object, not in the source, therefore the comprehensive information must be extracted from both sources and objects.
- The libraries copied from the AS/400, must be complete. Therefore, when moved to the AS/400 platform located in BASE100 laboratory, the application can be compiled and executed without limitations.
- It must contain all the archives (SOURCES AND OBJECTS) of the *PGM (COBOL, RPG, CL), *FILE (PRTF, DSPF, PF, and LF) types that need to be translated.
- Objects of the *DTAARA, *QRY, and *MSGF types must be also included.
- In case the Reference System uses a DF as data repository (data dictionary) which is referred to in the sources data description, please include it as well.
- It is advisable to have an Execution Environment of the AS/400 that includes data and compiled programs, user for running the Reference System, LIBL, JOB DESCRIPTION and CCSID.
Supported versions of RPG: RPG II, RPG III, RPG/400, RPG ILE.
Supported versions of COBOL: COBOL/400, COBOL ILE.
Supported versions of OS: V7R3 or lower, down to V5R2. BASE100 guarantees confidentiality of all the information received from the customers through all the process. Additionally, a NDA can be signed at any time.
Recording settings for SAVF
Please, use the following parameters in the command SAVLIB: